Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber - iPhone Voice Vlan Internet Access

graeme
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have setup Jabber on the iPhone on our UC540 and it works well int he office.

We have our UC on 192.168.1.5 with its wan port connected to the internet, and SIP trunks coming in for incomin and outgoing calls. with a public IP on the WAN Port

Our default gateway on our data VLAN is 192.168.1.254

Voice VLAN is 10.1.1.0

Default gateway is 10.1.1.1

CCA shows static routes of 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 on public IP

10.1.10.0 on integrated service engine,

What do I need to add to allow the Voice Vlan access to the internet through the UC or rout it through the data VLAN to the Data default gateway

Thanks

Graeme

4 Replies 4

bjames
Level 5
Level 5

You need the Anyconnect client on the iphone....IPSEC

Sorry you also need an ASA in front of the UC, as I understand it you cannot access it if it is connected directly to the Internet.

Bob James

I've got this same question right now.  Not trying to access from the WAN - just have the iphone bound to the Voice VLAN and want it to be able to get to the internet.  Seems like its a routing issue but I don't know enough yet to know exactly where or how..... 

Anyone know?

Typically there are ACL's on the voice VLAN to prevent unwanted communication to and from the voice network.

These two things should not really mix to ensure Quality of Service on the voice network.

Bob James

Hello,

Please check the following:

1. Ensure NAT is enabled for the voice vlan. This can be found in CCA under Configure -> Security -> Firewall and DMZ. Make sure Vlan100 is checked to enable NAT from that network

2. Make sure you have DNS servers configured under the voice vlan DHCP scope. By default there will be no DNS servers.

Thanks,

-john

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: