1. Log into Unity Express GUI
2. Administration -> SMTP settings. Enter your SMTP server and port, un/pw if required by your smtp server. If using exchange, you may need to allow unauthenticated email for this to work.
3. Voice Mail -> Message Notification -> Notification Administration. Enable system wide notification (choose all or urgent). I also checked "attach message to outgoing email notification" I think its a useful feature.
4. Configure -> Users, click the user(s) you want notifications for, Go to notification tab, click email inbox, check "enable" notification to this device, enter the email address, text, etc. I set the schedule to always notify 24/7. Apply. Close pop up. Enable email inbox notification, apply. Then, go back to the Profile tab, check "Enable notification for this user/group" at the bottom, and apply.
5. Test and repeat for other users.
Please rate helpful posts.