cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multisite UC500 sharing all outbound PSTN legs?

DAVIDPALAU_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have a two sites' environment with an UC520 (2xBRI) on each and the customer want to be able to use all the pstn lines available at both sites.

This means, if a site has all the pstn lines busy the call is routed to the other UC500, is that possible?.

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

That should be possible.  You would just need an extra set of dial-peers, with a higher "preference" value that would send the call to the other site if all local circuts are busy.

Thank you,

Darren

Hello Darren, thanks very much for your answer but we need to decide if buying CCME or UC500 and we don't have any way of testing it, could you?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I really can't see any reason for this scenerio to not work, unless configured incorrectly.  Unfortantely, I just do not have the time available to set this up in that lab right now.

Thank you,

Darren

mcasimirc63
Level 4
Level 4

You have a lot of options here.  But only possible using CUCME on the ISR not UC500.

Your failover options are as follows

1. Maximum connection limit (max-conn 10) can be used if you use one outbound dial-peer for all calls.  Once the limit is reached another matching dial-peer with a lower preference will be used.  That other VoIP dial-peer would be your connection to the other site you have.
  2. You could also use LVBO and AVBO Local Voice Busy Out and Advanced Voice Busy Out to send a busy signal back to the handset if the link is down or if the quaility of the link is too poor for voice.  LVBO is a command applied under the voice port and AVBO is a probe that is sent back and forth between gateways.
  3. Callback Fallback is a global command and that is used to fallback to another dialpeer if the IP probes come back with a certain percentage of loss.  The threshold for loss is set by you.
  4. I use another set of commands which is easier to implement.  Under the voice-class h323 you can set your timeout options for the call to setup.  H225 timeout TCP and H225 Timeout Setup.  I set both timers to 2 seconds so that if the call is not setup within 2 seconds the link will tagged as being down.  This allows the preference command set under the dialpeer to activate quicker. The default timer for H225 is 15 seconds I think. 

Once you have choosen a failover mechanism you would need to setup LLQ QOS and configure your dial-peers.  I would suggest calling a Partner or getting Smartnet Onsite to help configure your solution because it requires a lot of configuration. I know because I have done it many times over.

DAVIDPALAU_2
Level 1
Level 1

Unfortunately I'm not going to close this open loop, we decided to buy CCME instead UC500 to solve this need after evaluating the risks. If anyone finally were able to test it I would appreciate sharing the experience.

Thanks to all !