cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Music on Hold Over Wan

andreww-gases
Level 1
Level 1

We have 3 UC520 units that are linked together over a WAN.

If one location calls another and gets put on hold, the hold music starts out really choppy for approximately 30-45 seconds and then clears up.

This does not happen if you call the location from an outside line or on internal calls.

I've been banging my head against the wall trying to figure out what is happening but I have yet to find anything.  I've tried adjusting playout delays on dial peers, switching phone models, adjusting QoS settings all to no avail.

I'm running software pack 8.0.2 on all of my UCs currently and have had this issue since the units were first installed last year.

6 Replies 6

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is this a multisite?  If so, extension dialing occurs peer to peer (Uc500 to UC500), without the SIP Trunk SP being involved, just over IP Public WAN.  But there probably isnt retention of QoS packet markings is my guess and why the ingress calls (from the SP) and internal calls (no wan at all) sound better.

Ther are some CAC and some QoS you can do in the CCA multisite manager screen to help a little.  You may want to check that out.

Steve