cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No dial tone on UC560 FXS ports?

rgordon-qsc
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured two of the FXS ports on our UC560, to act as analog ports for fax machines.   Each FXS port has been configured with an extension from our publicly routable DID range, and the ports are configured for Loop Start.

However, I am not getting any actual dial tone on the ports, so when I attempt to call into one of the fax numbers, the fax machine (which is set for immediate answer) gets a signal that the analog line is trying to initiate communications and the fax machine initializes itself into receiving mode, but because there isn't any dial tone, the sender's side just continues to ring and ring and ring.

Additionally, when I attempt to fax out from the fax machine, there is never any initial dial tone on the line so the machine dials out and then immediately starts attempting to initiate a fax handshake, but there's still no dial tone on the FXS line at any point during the process.

Am I meant to set something else other than the FXS port setting under Telephony -> Ports and Trunks -> FXS Ports, and then assigning the DIDs under Telephony -> Users/Extensions -> Analog Extensions?

1 Reply 1

Hello rgordon-qsc,

You need to enter internal extension in the FXS setting and then set the DID in the incoming dial plan.

Also please make sure you are connecting fax to the FXS not the FXO ports.

HTH,

Alex

*Please rate helpfu posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: