cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound Caller ID Name

brantlibrary
Level 1
Level 1

We have a UC-540 and have an issue that when outgoing calls are placed through our PRI the User's extension name is sent for the Caller ID. The number set in the outgoing caller ID field is sent correctly, but is there a way to send the Company name instead of the direct extension name ? or to not send a name at all ?

4 Replies 4

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Brantford,

With a PRI, you can't really change the name on the outgoing Caller-ID.

You could strip the name on the outgoing call, so that there is no name, then the provider would have to insert a name.  To do this, you would need to modify the outgoing dial-peers to remove the name:

Dial-peer voice 66 pots

clid strip name

The only other option I can think of would be to change the "description" of all the phones under the ephone-DN to be the company name.  This could be done in CLI or CCA.  The first option can only be done in CLI.

Thank you,

Darren

Darren,

Thanks for the reply, I tired renaming the description of the phones but it still appears to use the name fields when sending the caller ID. For example even when I changed the description to "Company Name" it still appeared as Board Room to external users.

I have not tried the strip name as of yet, as I am trying to avoid doing CLI config if possible (to keep the CCA supported), but am curious if I will need to apply this to all of my dial-peers related to my PRI. I am assuming so but would be great if you could confirm or if you had any other thoughts on how to block this.

Thanks again for the quick response

Hello Brantford,

Yes, you would have to strip the name from all the dial-peers that are outgoing to the PRI.  Unfortunately, this is not supported by CCA.

Thank you,

Darren

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can use my "outbound calling name" script. It can be acquired on the website mentioned in my profile.