cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound Caller ID Question

itechsolutions
Level 1
Level 1

Currenlty our outbound caller ID for all users show the main number, is it possible to show the DID of the user instead of the main number?

9 Replies 9

Hello Steve,

Yes it is possible if you are using PRI, BRI or SIP.

If you are using CCA to configure the system you should go to configure->telephony->dial plan-> outgoing dial plan->caller id.

On the top window you will see the trunk if this is PRI, BRI or SIP.

The following is from the CCA admin guide:

Add Caller ID for Internal Extensions

This window appears when you select a PSTN Trunk Group on the Caller ID tab of

the Outgoing Dial Plan window and click Addor Modify.

Configure the caller ID for internal extensions as described below, then click OK.

You can add up to 14 caller ID override entries. By specifying a range of internal

extensions to map to one or more caller ID numbers, you can reduce the number of

entries used.

Examples

To override the default caller ID for extensions 205 through 225 with caller ID

numbers 12229990005 through 12229990005:

• Enter 205 for the Internal Extension Start Number.

• Enter 225 for the Internal Extension End Number.

• Enter 12229990005 for the Caller ID Start Number.

• Enter 12229990025 for the Caller ID End Number.

To display 12229991200 as the caller ID for internal extensions 200 through 230:

• Enter 200 for the Internal Extension Start Number.

• Enter 230 for the Internal Extension End Number.

• Enter 12229991200 for both the Caller ID Start Number and the Caller ID

End Number.

To override the default caller ID for extension 505 only with caller ID

12229991100:

• Enter 505 for both the Internal Extension Start Number and the Internal

Extension End Number.

• Enter 12229991100 for both the Caller ID Start Number and the Caller ID

End Number.

HTH,

Alex

*Please rate helpful posts

We migrated over from another system and the DID's do not match the Extenstion numbers and the DID's are not really set in groups. Is there anyway to have more then 14?

Hi Steve,

Steve Peck wrote:

We migrated over from another system and the DID's do not match the Extenstion numbers and the DID's are not really set in groups. Is there anyway to have more then 14?

Ok there is one way to do this in CCA, but it will get messy and quite large, and that is you can match each DID to an extension individually, but like I said this can take a while to do and you need to do it in one hit, otherwise CCA may not propagate all the information properly, I would suggest that you make a backup of the configuration as a text file and then attempt to make the changes, that way if you need to revert back quickly you can just copy the configuration to startup from the flash card and get it back to the way it was pretty quickly

Cheers,

David Trad.

**If you don't want to rate a post that is fine, I'll just find out where you live and hunt you down**

^^ That's a joke just in case you didn't get it :)

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hello Steve,

Yes it is possible but only in CLI. With CCA you may do the following e.g.:

internal numbers 232-240

external numbers 123452-123460

They do not have to match exactly but the group should be with the same numbers.

In CLI you may use translation rules and create as much as you need e.g. after CME 8.6 you may use 100 rules under translation rule:

voice translation-rule 4444
rule 1 /123456/ /328/

rule 56 /987654/ /528/

voice translation-profile MYDID

translate called  4444

And then under the incoming dial peer add the translation profile.

translation-profile incoming MYDID

HTH,

Alex

*Please rate helpful posts

Hi Alex,

Do we endorse CLI changes now? I might be a little of the beaten track, but if you do this on CLI and then try to manage the system using CCA it may wipe out that entire Translation rules section as has happened many times in the past.

Or has the latest version of CCA stopped allowing the ability to map individual DID to Individual extension when they are not issue in range?

Clarification would be appreciated so I don't go giving wrong advice

Cheers,

David Trad.

**If you don't want to rate a post that is fine, I'll just find out where you live and hunt you down**

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hello David,

Yes I should mention that if one is not CLI certified he should try on his own the CLI solution because the CCA will not work with under the dial plan settings and you might be denied support if you are using UC540 and UC560 if you are not certified for it.  For UC520 you should be able to use the CLI.

The policy for the CLI support is still the same, no changes.

Best regards,

Alex

Awesome thanks for the clarification Alex

In that case, my original post still stands

So long as CCA still allows you to do it one-by-one without limiting it to groups only, then my method should work, and I had to use that in at least 50% of the cases when I was deploying in a multi-DID scenario.

Cheers,

David Trad.

They do not have to match exactly but the group should be with the same numbers.

In CLI you may use translation rules and create as much as you need e.g. after CME 8.6 you may use 100 rules under translation rule:

Is there any timeframe you heard about that will allow 100 translation rules for the UC 500 Platform. Currently 8.6 is the newest release. Do you know the reason the rules were/are limted to 14? I am assuming it is only limited by the software?

Hello Steve,

There was an IOS limitation that limited you to 15 rules.  That was changed to 100 with Software Pack 8.6.0.  The latest Software Pack is 8.6.1.

Thank you,

Darren

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: