Views
Helpful
Replies

PMF to allow outgoing calls through SIP Trunk Without Registering

support
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have an intermitant issue with one of our UC320W's running 2.3.2(6) firmware.  The customers VOIP SIP trunk becomes unregistered for periods of time, stopping incoming and outgoing calls.  Once unregistered it takes quite a while to rergister.  Our service provider has informed us that the re-register period is the cause and we should try and shorten it, so first question is there a way to do this, also what is the re-register retry window in the first place?

I have an analogue line that can receive calls only so I have made this the fallover number with the VOIP provider, that gives a little releife for incoming calls, but not outgoing.  I beleive in other phone systems a SIP trunk does not need to be registered to make an outgoing call, and it is usually an option to say only make outgoing calls if the SIP trunk is registered.  I cannot find that option anywhere to deselect it, is there a PMF I could apply to allow outgoing calls without registering?

Thank you,

Tony

3 Replies 3

wenyang
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Tony,

Please install the SIP_Trunk_Register_Timer.pmf at status->Devices->Alter PMFs in configure utility. Please remember to apply the configuration afterwards. This PMF can let user to select the re-register period. You can find the PMF at https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-16301

Regards,

Wendy Yang

Hello Wendy,

What is the default, in seconds, set to?

thank you,

Tony

Hi Wendy,

Does this setting also effect the time to retry after a failure?

thank you,

Tony