Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

problem with FXO signaling with UC520

Hello ,

I'm making my first installation of UC500,

and I configured the UC500 with my specific needs.
(config) #debug vpm all
I  used this command bellow and shows me that the call arrives.but  I am  not able to interpret the results, but there is a reaction to an  incoming call.

What That should be add to make it work?
3 Replies 3

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Borhen,

Congratz on your first install

Firstly is it possible you can provide to us your running configuration? The best way to do this is to copy it to a txt file, remove all the sensitive information from it, and then upload it up here, seeing your configuration can assist us in helping you out with it.

Secondly, we need to understand the call flow topology you want to achieve, as this will dictacte as to how the system needs to be configured.

Thirdly, did you use CCA to configure this system or was this a CLI configuration? This information is important to know so that we know what type of support needs to be given.

I hope you can provide us with the information that will best help us support you.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

hello David

this is the configuration of the  FXO port:

!
voice-port 0/2/0
connection plar opx 200
caller-id enable
!

!
dial-peer voice 5 pots
description FXO In & Out
destination-pattern 9T
port 0/2/0
!

And i used CCA to configure this system.

the probleme is :

I test the UC520 in two different places.

when I test the UC50 in the first place all the functionality works without any problem.So my configurtaion is right.

but in second place after the test I get the call, but the Cisco phone is still  busy even
when I call from a Cisco phone.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Another thing it can help. the
pstn provider  In The First Place uses switches siemense.

But in The second place
uses switch ericson IAX.

so i thing thats the problem Is the
compatibility between the UC520 and the switch Ericson  at the provider of call signaling.

Hi Borhen,

Sorry for the late reply, looks like I missed the e-mail notification

Anyway so what we know so far is that it is an environmental thing, which indicates it is a carriage service provider issue, if it works at one site with no problem and fails with issues on another site, then there can only be two possibilities (That come to mind).

• The carrier at the second location provides different signalling methods, which is not impossible or unlikely but would see very odd that this would be the case
  • The cabling is not right and you could have split pairs, too much noise on the line or various other small issues that can cause bigger problems

If you have not had the copper pairs checked out by a qualified line tech it might be a worth while exercise, other than that it would be good to se a "debug vpm sig" on the FXO lines to see what takes place when a call is placed or made.

Also I would like to clarify the issue a little further:

• You receive a call from outside and take it on IP phone (1)
  • You hang the call up
  • You call from another IP phone (2) within the office and IP phone (1) is busy?

or

• You take an incoming call
  • Hang up
  • Call back again and the line is busy?

Can you provide a little more info just so I don't get my wires crossed

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *