Views
Helpful
Replies

PSTN & FAX line for PAP2T and SPA3102

AASIFMADNI
Level 1
Level 1

dear Experts,

i am facing problem to configure pap2t and spa3102 devices for PSTN & FAX line.

here is my scenario look into and give me your valuable feed back that what should i do.? 

25 Replies 25

1.  Post the current SPA3102 and PAP2T configurations.

2.  Explain what does work and what does not work.

The SPA3102 and the PAP2T configurations can be saved to your computer by logging into each adapter (Voice Admin advanced for SPA3102) and using SAVE AS on your web browser (MSIE, FireFox, Chrome, etc), save the configuration to your computer.  Make a .zip file of the saved configuration and attach to posting.

dear Howard,

here is current settings of both spa and pap2t devices.

i can't make any call from pap2t even when i dial any landline or mobile no i hear busy tone from pap2t.

AASIFMADNI

You have the dial plans mixed up (reversed) on the SPA3102 PSTN Line Tab.

1.  Change current setting to the following
VoIP-To-PSTN Gateway Setup
VoIP Caller Default DP: 1  

2.  Change current setting to the following
PSTN-To-VoIP Gateway Setup
PSTN Caller Default DP: 2

3.  Verify you have the phone cable on the PAP2T plugged into LINE 2

4.  Verify you have the ethernet cable from your router plugged into the SPA3102 INTERNET jack

The dial plan settings were mentioned previously.

dear Howard,

above settings has been apply in spa 3102.

my dial plan is right or wrong??

spa dial plan=(S0<:userid@192.168.1.104:5061)

pap2t dial plan=((<#9:userid@192.168.1.103:5060>|xx.)

The SPA3102 default PSTN-To-VOIP dial plan (S0<:userid@192.168.1.104:5061) is correct to bridge an incoming PSTN Line call to Line 2 of the PAP2T.  The S0 will dial the outgoing leg of the call immediately.

You have a default VoIP-To-PSTN dial plan of (xx.).  This dial plan will dial any 2 or more digits that it receives over voip on the attached PSTN Line.

The PAP2T dial plan ((<#9:userid@192.168.1.103:5060>|xx.) is correct and has 2 elements in the dial plan  

The xx. element will allow you to dial any 2 or more digits and they will be sent to the distant SPA3102 VoIP-To-PSTN Gateway to dial on the attached PSTN Line.  Your PAP2 Line 2 Tab Proxy setting determines where the number will be sent (192.168.1.103:5061) which is the PSTN Line Tab of the SPA3102.

The <#9:userid@192.168.1.103:5060> element will call the phone attached to Line 1 of the SPA3102 when you dial #9.  The 192.168.1.103 is the ip address of the SPA3102, 5060 is the port number of the Line 1 Tab, userid is the UserID configured on the Line 1 Tab.

If you do not have a phone attached to the SPA3102 you could change the PAP2T Line 2 dial plan to just (xx.)

Dear Howard,

i am still facing same problem.

could you please assist me on team viewer?

I am not sure what you would want me to do logged into your computer.  I have used TeamViewer helping close friends.  Don't you need audio communication also to assist someone.  I don't have the paid version of TeamViewer.

I don't work for Cisco.  I am not interesting on posting my private information on this forum.  I see no way of sending private emails on this forum.

dear Howard 

are you there???

When you saved the SPA3102 configuration that you just attached you were logged into the Router Tab of the SPA3102 so the configuration shows the SPA3102 router configuration settings.  

I need to see the SPA3102 Voice configuration settings.  To do this you need to login to the SPA3102 Voice Tab and then when you are looking at the SPA3102 INFO Tab for the voice settings you then save that configuration.  After you save the configuration you can click on the saved configuration and see if you have the "Voice" Tab that shows the configuration settings of the PSTN Line Tab and the other voice Tabs.

Thanks howard.

Above configuration is newly save as you said about voice tab.

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

OK, but what issue you are facing ?

Even similar symptoms may not have common cause. Please describe your issue, what you tried, what doesn't work for you.