cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recommended device for paging attendant.

jadavies.jr
Level 1
Level 1

Maybe I'm wrong on this one but you can't connect a UC560 directly to an amp (Bogen) without some kind of paging attendant device, correct?  One job we did, the customer already had an "AT&T Page Pal" which connected to the UC560 via an FXS port and worked wonderfully.  Problem is that "Page Pal" device is something like 20 years old and hard to find.  Is there a current version of this type of device?

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can use a SIP paging device, etc. Depends on th exact requirements.

Can you be specific.  Maybe some commonly used brands/models?

Thanks,

You can check algosolutions.

Am I correct in assuming that you can't simply hook up an FXS line to the input terminals of an AMP?  A "SIP paging device" is necessary?

Thanks

Hello James,

The easiest solution is to purchase a Bogen TAMB2 and connect to the FXS port. These are cheaper than SIP Algo solutions and work well. I have only run into one instance where it did not work out and that is when the client wanted to do a combined internal/external page. If they want to do that, you need a Algo Paging Interface and tie this into the system using multicast only.

Good luck

Thank you both.  I think we will be going with the Bogen TAMB2 device but can you elaborate a little bit on how to hook it up with a FXS line?  Do you terminate a RJ11 for the FXS end and then just strip bare wires to connect to the TAMB?

Any snapshots of existing setups would be awesome (if you have any)

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: