cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote site with only one 7942 Phone

chngck0809
Level 1
Level 1

Customer is having UC540 in thier office, now they planning to put on thier show room with one 7942 Phone. Can they connected by IPSEC VPN thru ADSL? what is the requirtement?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

Put in a Router/Firewall with an IPSEC tunnel back to the UC540. (We have used SR520s, ASA5505s, Sonicwalls, Fortigates, etc -- I am not sure what Cisco's "recommended" model is currently)

The requirements for configuration on the router are:

1. Routes to 10.1.1.0/24 and 10.1.10.0/24 on the UC540.

2. DHCP server for the subnet that the phone is in should have option 150 set to 10.1.1.1

I would recommend setting up traffic shaping on whatever router/firewall you put in to improve voice quality. Please note however that voip over the internet has no guarantee's... you may experience bad voice quality; the only solution to this would be something with QOS... such as an MPLS.

-Dan

Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

Put in a Router/Firewall with an IPSEC tunnel back to the UC540. (We have used SR520s, ASA5505s, Sonicwalls, Fortigates, etc -- I am not sure what Cisco's "recommended" model is currently)

The requirements for configuration on the router are:

1. Routes to 10.1.1.0/24 and 10.1.10.0/24 on the UC540.

2. DHCP server for the subnet that the phone is in should have option 150 set to 10.1.1.1

I would recommend setting up traffic shaping on whatever router/firewall you put in to improve voice quality. Please note however that voip over the internet has no guarantee's... you may experience bad voice quality; the only solution to this would be something with QOS... such as an MPLS.

-Dan

Please rate useful posts.

Yes, I have set up VPN between Office and Showroom, now Showroom 7942 can be link back to UC540..... but NTP i think is a bit issue, routing to UC540 Intergrated service module IP ... any advice? or I need to change the default 10.1.10.1?