Views
Helpful
Replies

Silent Ring on CO line feature

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Team,

On a UC-320W Deployment I have done not long ago the system was placed into "Blend Mode" and I assigned a Line to a button (KTS Mode), this was ok, until I was told that the doctors did not want all in-coming calls to ring on their phones whilst they have consultations in progress.

So I proceed to remove this and try to train the receptionist on how to handle in-coming calls and then transfer... This has become an issue now and I need to find a way to go back to using Line Keys so that way they call can be placed on hold and then an announcement call can be placed to the doctor.

Is there a way to do this and make those line keys silent??

Also,

Is there a way to make it so that when the receptionist cannot answer a call, the system places the call on hold and notifies the reception phone that a call is placed on hold? Right now they are missing calls and I don't know how to resolve this on a UC-320W, I know how to do it on a UC-500 but still trying to get my head around the functions of a UC-320W.

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

So just to be clear, the VM on the UC-300 does not have a mini AA in it like the UC-500 do right? So we cannot configure certain key presses to trigger certain actions... Am I right on this?

Correct.  It does not currently have this capability.  I know a couple of others have asked for a VM option to transfer out to an operator extension recently.

Chris

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Hi David,

Each line button can have it's own ringtone.  The first ringtone in the list of ringtones is no-ring.  When set to no ring, the line will blink indicating an incoming call but won't ring.  You could configure the incoming Shared FXO Line buttons for each doctor's phone to have the no-ring option.  Ringtones need to be set on the phone.

In regards to your second question, the UC320W doesn't have a mechanism to auto answer and place the call on hold.  You can, however, set the 'If busy or no answer' option on each Shared FXO line to forward the call to a huntgroup or voicemail box. 

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply, I will give it a shot and see if that is the path they want to go down.

Will have to work it up on the LAB UC-320W so I can navigate my way around the phones menu on shared FXO lines, I don't ever recall seeing a no ringtone option available but the again I haven't played around much with the phones when in SIP firmware mode.

Again thank you for your suggestion

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Chris,

I cannot find Park Slots with the UC-320W is this not a feature on this appliance?

I was looking at using the AA to push a call to a Park Slot which would suffice in managing calls, but I have checked high and low and cannot find Park Slots as an option in the system.

Am I missing something here?

I am trying to get a handle on what can be done as the client is asking for simple stuff but it would seem I am unable to do it for them. I am using the VM as the final destination but is this as configurable as it is on the UC-500 series? Can they present options for users to press buttons, and if so where do you configure that in that GUI as I haven't found that option yet either.

Cheers,

David.

Hi David,

We don't support call queueing in this release.  This is a feature under discussion for a future release.  We don't support sending a call from AA to a park slot.  This could have undesired consequences such as two calls coming in, the first caller is put into the park slot, but the second call removes the first call from the park slot and now you have two external customers talking to each other and not the small business.

You could send them to voicemail or send them to a shared extension with multiple line button appearances with long call forward no answer times.  Others here on the forum may have more creative solutions to offer.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply, I will try and come up with something creative if I can.

The thing with using a Park Slot in conjunction with an AA is not an issue when the business has only two lines, it actually works exceptionally well with the UC-500 series Agreed though that it can become an issue if there is more than one line, but this is creative thought when you have no other option.

So just to be clear, the VM on the UC-300 does not have a mini AA in it like the UC-500 do right? So we cannot configure certain key presses to trigger certain actions... Am I right on this?

Cheers,

David.

Correct.  It does not currently have this capability.  I know a couple of others have asked for a VM option to transfer out to an operator extension recently.

Chris

Thanks again Chris...

OK back to the drawing board, Me wonders how creative I can be without blowing the system up from overloading it with funky call routing

Cheers,

David.

how can you do the silent ring on phone button on CO Line in UC540?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: