cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Single Digit Dialing with CCA compliance?

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi All,

I am in need of being able to create a way to allow for guests in a hotel to dial a single digit and it then calls reception.. The problem I have is that the system was sold into a Hotel environment with me knowing full well that Cisco does not have a hospitality solution, in hindsight I probably should have pushed hard to avoid this sale but alas it was done, this is just one of the many requests coming in that in my mind I know I probably cannot resolve

I have a theory on how I could do this but everything that I think of comes down to CLI creation and this I cannot do as I do not want to take the system out of SBCS scope.

Although I have one thought which I have no way of testing at the moment, is to create a dummy extension in CCA and see if it will let me get away with doing it as a single digit extension, I believe this wont be possible, but I know on the CLI (Well I know you could once do it) create a Dummy DN and put it as a single digit and have that DN in a permanent call forward.

[EDIT]

Another thought just popped into my mind, maybe I can do it via a Dial-Peer, it would be somewhat unorthodox, but it might work... But I think I just shot myself down because I cannot do this via CCA, but maybe if I Do it VIA CLI CCA will just ignore it... GAAHHH!! I'm clutching at straws here, and thinking out loud on the forums <<< Serious internal mind conflicts going on here

I am kind of desperate for a solution, even though my mind tells me this is not achievable.

Any thoughts, suggestions or help is much appreciated.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
4 Replies 4

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

SIGH!!! No one?? Not even the most wildest idea??? Seriously I am up for any suggestion right now

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Mario Garcia
Level 3
Level 3

You can always use the CME Web GUI. If default IPs are still present 10.1.10.2/CCME.HTML

Click on configure and then extensions

Create single digit extension and enter call forward all destination.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Mario,

I Had a glimmer of hope for a minute then

But I tried to implement it and the GUI accepted it without any issues but did not write the configuration at all, no matter how I tried to do it, it would not take.

Thank you for your suggestion it is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

David.

David,

How many extensions or buttons do you need

Look at Floating extensions

What’s New in CCA 3.1?

I tried this in my lab and was able to free up the 8 extensions, i then added the floating extension of 8 with the CFWD ALL to the operator phone (2001) or blast group (5001)

I hope this points you in the right direction, it does tie up that whole range, but it might work if you move something around off the extension you need