Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP “Reason” Header in CANCEL Message Support

stpaulalex
Level 1
Level 1

SIP “Reason” Header in CANCEL Message Support

This new feature added to the 7.4.7 firmware release seems to be a really great improvement...but there's no supporting documentation.  I've tried using the RFC outlined CANCEL message with the "Reason" header, and the phone returns a 200 OK message.  However, no changes appear on the phone.

What would be great is an option to cancel the "missed call" alert on any phone that receives this message.  This would be especially useful on ring/hunt groups, where multiple phones ring and only one picks up.  The Reason: SIP;cause=200;text="Call completed elsewhere" message would be sent to the other phones in the group, and the missed call alert would be removed (or altered to be shown as a 'Received call').

Thanks,

-Alex Hieronymi

alex@ph3k.com

1 Reply 1

stpaulalex
Level 1
Level 1

I had not throughly tested this before posting the issue; my apoligies.  7.4.7 does address this issue properly, and the "missed calls" alert goes away when a ring group is called.

This issue should be flagged as Resolved.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: