Views
Helpful
Replies

SMTP

jorgediaz77
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all,

Seems simple enough but it isn't working. I have the SMTP server set in the CME to the IP of my Barracuda Spam firewall and I have allowed traffic for that IP. However, I looked in the logs of the Barracuda and no messages are hitting that box from the UC Unit. Is there an easy to fix this or to tell why the SMTP traffic isn't routing properly?

Thanks,

Jorge

17 Replies 17

Marcos,

Thanks for the help. I'll go ahead and open a TAC case and let you know what they find.

Thanks,

Jorge

Well that was an interesting journey. TAC ran some diagnostics and found the following DB error:

<195>Apr 28 12:16:45 localhost j9:   ERROR dbclient database mgmt **** ERROR: column "smtpserver" does not exist

His solution was to backup, reinstall and restore CUE. I ended up comparing the CUE running config to a similar setup and found an incorrect gateway address under the ccn subsystem sip:
ccn subsystem sip gateway address "10.1.1.1" dtmf-relay sip-notify end subsystem I changed this, saved and rebooted and messages began to be delivered. Yaay, no need to reinstall CUE!

Thanks again for the assist!

We are having a similar issue in that we cannot get Voicemail to email via SMTP.  We have also configured Fax to Email and it works fine, so we know the UC can talk to the SMTP server.  As for your fix, it would seem that our DG points to the ISM so this seems correct

ccn subsystem sip
gateway address "10.1.10.2"
dtmf-relay sip-notify
end subsystem

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: