cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA 122 with Polycom Equipment

mmcdevitt60
Level 1
Level 1

I have a number of these devices, SPA 122's, set up at various customer sites with Polycom analog conference units running on a hosted telephony platform.  They are all running the latest firmware.  They all work great except for one problem.

A standard functionality of Polycom equipment is the ability to intercom other phones on the PBX using (* + 1 + Extension #).  However, the problem that I am running into is that the IRV default access is also done by selecting (*) from the analog device.  Is there a setting that I can change that would allow me to avoid this conflict?  I understand I may loose the ability to configure the ATA using the IVR and will neeed to use the web management.  This is fine.

Can anyone provide assistance with this?

2 Replies 2

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

Try the following.

Update the 'dial plan' (line tab) and the 'feature dial services codes' (regional tab).

In the dial plan, remove the *xx and put in *1xx. if you plan to dial *1 and 2 or more digits afterward.

In the feature dial services codes, put in the same *1xx.

Remove the default settings for Secure call in the Vertical Service Activation Codes, since those * codes start with *1.

Thank you.  I will try these changes to the ATA's and see if it resolves the issue.  I have confirmed it did already address one problem which involved the * function so it stands to believe it will address the other problems.