cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA-2102R update 5.2.12 to 5.2.13 Hangs

FP
Level 1
Level 1

I am now trying to update the firmware and facing some challenges (updating from 5.2.12 to 5.2.13).

Here are the steps I am taking:

1) Obtained IP address from SPA (unit is unlocked)
2) connect internet to Internet port (blue)
3) connect laptop to Ethernet port (yellow). I have also tried to update by removing the Ethernet cable and only using the internet.
4) Run firmware upgrade program (i.e. "upg-spa2102-5-2-13.exe")
5) open browser and download bin file from HTTP site. The 5.2.13 bin file is located as an example (HTTP://192.168.xxx.xxx/admin/upgrade?HTTP://www.mysite.com/spa2102-5-2-13.bin)
6) Admin password has been shut off and provision is enabled

The progress bar keeps going and file does not update.
I checked the links (www.mysite.com/spa2102-5-2-13.bin) in another browser and file downloads.

2 Replies 2

ktonev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues upgrading the firmware on your device.

I can suggest the following - make a backup of your configuration, perform a factory reset on the device and try to upgrade the firmware again.

If you are still experiencing issues with the upgrade procedure please call our support centre for further assistance.

Thanks,
Kris

call our support centre for further assistance.

According Eos-EoL announcement for UC560, the support for UC560 is over. As far as I know, Support Centre strictly refuse to provide advice related to EoS product. Unless I missed the Cisco's policy had changed, your advice "to call support" is confusing and useless ...

Table 1. End-of-Life Milestones and Dates for the Cisco Unified Communications 560 for Small Business (UC560)

Milestone

Definition

Date

Last Date of Support:
HW

The last date to receive applicable service and support for the product as entitled by active service contracts or by warranty terms and conditions. After this date, all support services for the product are unavailable, and the product becomes obsolete**. Warranty duration is based on product ship dates; refer to warranty terms and conditions for details.

January 31, 2017

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: