Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA-3102 Line Port terminated calls are hanging (stuck) issue

Hi Guys....

I have SPA3102 configured to SIP provider Callcentric.com. My SPA is with latest Firmware.

There is NO problem to make calls between SIP numbers (callcentric generated numbers). However I have configure the Line port of the SPA3102 is to terminate out the calls thru connected PSTN line. Almost all the settings of the SPA is as per recommended by the Callcentric provider and no complicated setting or any complex Dialplans what so ever.

Problem is whenever my friend uses this system to make Terminated calls thru SPA3102’s Line port connected PSTN line, sometimes when he end the call (after his intended discussion), line hangs. Basically it is NOT disconnecting the far end leg of the call between SPA3102’s Line port and other end (it could be a mobile call or maybe even a PSTN call). What I believe is SPA is NOT properly sending the ‘Disconnection Signal’ to the far end Mobile or PSTN call.

Only issue is at his place there is NO PC connected to get any trace logs (Wire shark or whatever). Would you recommend me some standard parameters in the SPA3102 to eliminate this Call hanging issue ?

Also noticed there is thread "SPA3102 does not detect disconnect tone when call was originated from PSTN!!!" but 6 years ago. However NO any conclusion in the this community unfortunately. I hope Dan or Howard Wittenberg would be able to take this up  :)

19 Replies 19

If you will use my 78.128.192.2 syslogd then set Syslog Prefix to D12935966 to identify messages fired by your device.

I put your IP to one of my SPAs for testing purposes. And trying to connect my local 'Syslog Watcher 4' program to grab events from the SPA. But seems its NOT responding. In the 'Syslog Watcher 4' , there are places to tick in order to connect Remote Syslog Server. But seems it require credentials. See 2 images attached. Am I on the right path ??

Syslog messages are UDP messages sent from syslog client (SPA3102) to a syslog server. Server never responds them. It's just one way communication.

I don't know what the Watcher mean saying "connect to Remote Syslog Server". Syslog use no 'connection' concept. Nor it use authentication.

May be it's a proprietary extension of Watcher - but it's not supported by my syslog server.

The first message from SPA3102 has arrived on Mar 15 22:58:20 GMT. The first call has occurred on Mar 16 02:11:36GMT

So the logging seems to work. Wait for the issue, let's me know the time of call unwilling to hang.

Hi Dan, OK in that case my test works. Let me put your Server IP to the problematic SPA3102 in Sri Lanka. The one you are getting is from my home SPA3102. This has NO issues. For the time being please ignore the messages coming from my home SPA3102. As soon as I setup the thing in problematic SPA3102 in Sri Lanka will give you a shout. Thanks :)

Heard, understood, acknowledged.