Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA 508G Wont recover..

Steven Howes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Had a small incident with an SPA508G that has landed it in the "SOS Recovery Mode". It currently has the message on the screen and all 3 buttons at the bottom lit. All the recovery documentation says there should be flashing lights... I don't have any and the recovery app doesn't work. I see the phone send out DHCP requests and it's given a lease but it doesn't appear to use it, I can't ping it. Neither of the options on the recovery utility work.

Is what I'm seeing with the lights correct? If not, anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance..

Steve

(Software WAS 7.4.4 btw..)

1 Accepted Solution
8 Replies 8

Hi,

Those are the instructions that didn't work. Outcome was as described.

Steve

I'm sorry about that.     I will ask around.

It's been left an hour or so incase it was 'busy'. Still same outcome unfortunately. Is there any way to view the IP it think it has?, or is recovery mode too 'bare bones' for that?

S

On the recovery tool, it asks you to enter the serial number.

You should actually enter the mac address of the unit (no ":"), the instruction for "serial number" is wrong.

If that doesn't work, then enter in

FFFFFFFFFFFF

Hi,

I guessed that might be the case and tried both of those options to no avail. It still says it cannot find the device.

In this state, should the device be pingable? It's not using the address I can see it being issued by the DHCP server. Have tried two different (and 'standard') DHCP servers incase it wasn't liking something.

The lights are also not as described in the instructions, but it is definitely in recovery mode - its written on the screen. Is this an instructions error or is my phone doing something odd?

Steve

maybe time for RMA?

Hi,

Will do. Think the warranty is still valid

Thanks for your assistance.

Steve

Edit: It is! Not as old as I thought it was. Booking it now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: