Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA 525 (7.1.5a) Freezing

paperweight
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I work for a voIP provider supporting Polycom and Cisco phones. I am having an issue with Cisco SPA 525's in one of our enviroments and can't seem to figure out the problem. Essentially the phone will freeze randomly during calls and rquire a hard reboot to bring the phone back. When the phone freezes the display goes blank and the LEDs turn amber and it just sits there till you power cycle. The phone is using a Bluetooth headset.

Heres what I am about to try. Disconnect the bluetooth headset and upgrade the phones to 7.5.3. The interesting part is that this effects all SPA 525s in the enviroment but not the 504s. We swapped out some of the 525's with 504s and seems to have fixed the problem. The only difference between the two is the 525 use bluetooth.

Any thoughts? Any know issues with the 525s? I've looked at the 525g2 which has some bluetooth enhancements so I am wondering if that would be worth a try to swap them. I think the issue may be related to the blue tooth headset but I dont have any way to debug. I can syslog but I am unable to capture any errors when the problem happens. We are about to lose this client because of these phones so I am little desperate at this point. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks guys.

-Michael Martinez (A+/CCNA)

1 Reply 1

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

7.1.5a is very old sw. 

You should upgrade to the latest version and the bluetooth sw should be at .34 version.  You'll be able to see this in the info tab of the web UI.