Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA 525G Firmware upgrade website issue

supporttwill
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning,

I am having issues downloading the firmware onto my computer for the spa525g, it seems like once i download the file onto any of my computers the software inside the download once I open it up is not there, it just shows like a blank icon of what looks like a white sheet of paper. once I try an click on it and try to proceed to download it does not work, it gives me and error of:

Windows can't open this file, SPA525g-7-5-6.bin, To open this file, windows needs to know what you want to use to open it, Windows can go online to look it up automatically, or you can manually select from a list of programs that are installed on you computer.

And that is for all of the firmware version upgrades i select, is there anyway around this issue?

2 Replies 2

matthewkhil
Level 1
Level 1

Only a few firmware upgrade versions come with executable installers. For the .bin files you need to place the upgrade .bin file on either a TFTP or HTTP server and point the phone to it by entering the URL of the firmware file into the 'upgrade rule' field under the firmware upgrade section within the provisioning tab on the phone's admin web interface. Also make sure the 'upgrade enable' setting it set to 'yes'

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

... or follow firmware upgrade (or so) menu item on phone's WWW UI.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: