cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA112 drops registration - no dialtone

danbuchko
Level 1
Level 1

Just picked up the SPA112 on the weekend, and am setting it up with voip.ms.  Several times a day, registration fails, resulting in no dialtone when the phone is picked up.  It does eventually seem to reconnect, but I won't be able to use it if this continues.  I followed all the instructions for setting it up as posted on the voip.ms wiki.  It also looks like I could reduce the "Reg Retry Long Intvl" param in the Voice-SIP settings, but I feel this would just be masking the real issue.

I have also tried using the Cisco Support chat, but after sitting there for hours with no response, I thought I'd try this forum -- it looks like it is monitored by the support engineers.  (I've captured my settings and log files, ready to send them in for analysis.)

Anyone else had this issue and been able to resolve it?

Dan

43 Replies 43

Just open a TAC ticket, they will usually get you the firmware within a few hours in my experience.

So firmware is received and installed. I will report back after some days testing.

Is there any way people without a support contract can get this firmware?

How is the beta working out for those who have installed it?  Any issues?  What issues does it fix?

Also, Cisco when will the GA version be released?

Thanks,
Dan

I can't open a TAC, any other way to obtain the beta?

mdawson
Level 1
Level 1

I called into small business support.  You'd think it would be easy to get the beta when you have what sounds like the exact same issue but I've been asked for configuration files, logging data etc. So its now close to a week.   It seems that logging locally does not work so I've been asked to install an external syslog server etc.  A lot of hassle to convince whoever that they should give me the updated beta so instead of spending 5 minutes to upgrade to the new firmware I've been spending hours trying to capture the data they want

Hello Michael,

Typically we collect the data to ensure that the issue you are experiencing is not a new issue and trying the beta firmware indeed does fix the issue you are facing. However, if you just want give the beta firmware a try, then we will have the case escalated to the right people who can publish the image for you. Please be aware that the beta may not have the fix for the issue you are facing if we have not come across it so far and our developers did not have a chance to work on fixing it. In that case, we would need your cooperation in gathering required forencics to analyze the root cause.

Thanks,

Nagaraja

I would like to try out the beta to see if it resolves the issue as the description in this thread closely matches what I'm seeing.  I appreciate your help in escalating so that I can do this.  My support case number is 622429405.  If it is does not then I understand that you'll need more information to be able to help.

How can I get the firmware? I tried to open a TAC but it says I need to add a contract first. I click on the link profile manager to add contracts and it brings me to an invalid page. So how am I supposed to get the new firmware? I keep getting registration failed so it is a major issue not having a reliable phone line.

I also tried to log with the slogsrv.exe file but it doesn't seem to log anything. Do I have to open some rules in the firewall or something?

Hi Jean-Francois,

You need to call SBSC (Small Business Support Center) not TAC.

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Please refer to this thread so that the SBSC engineer understands what you are looking for and issue you a case for escalation.

Regards,
Cindy Toy
Cisco Small Business Community Manager
for Cisco Small Business Products
www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport
twitter: CiscoSBsupport

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!

Hi Cindy,

Just to let you know that I'm in the exact same situation: I've got my SPA122 three days ago and it drops its registration about 5 seconds every two or three minutes. 

I understand that this problem can be solved with the new firmware in beta.  Hope this firmware will be available very soon because my setup is hardly useful. 

I'll follow this thread.

Many thanks.

I installed the beta firmware a few days ago and it seems to have resolved the issue for me.  I'm using voip.ms and since the upgrade I've always had dialtone when I've picked up the phone. 

idenphones
Level 1
Level 1

I realize that this is an old posting but I have been having the same problem with several different ATA's

The solution for me was to setup an I/P reservation in the router for the ata.

I tried everything from DMZ to almost a hammer and the problem persisted.

Usually the ATA would drop in a few hours without fail.

It has been over 48 hours now.

pheidema
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Under the "Line" if you change "Make Call Without Reg: Yes", then you will get dialtone.  If this is set to "No" then you will not have dialtone until it registers.  Doesn't help your registration issues, but can be used to make sure dialtone still works.