cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA112 line showing as off hook with nothing connected

terryip83
Level 1
Level 1

I've got an ATA which will register, but Port 2 is always showing the Hook State as Off. There is currently nothing connected to the device apart from a network connection and a power supply. This behaviour still occurs after a reboot, a firmware upgrade and also a factory reset.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Phone 2 could be faulty.

You can check what happen using syslog but I suggest you to consider an RMA.

Regards.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Is Phone 1 Port connected?

The issue occurs with either a phone connected or nothing connected to port 1. Both lines show as registered before the factory reset and port 1 functions as expected.

Phone 2 could be faulty.

You can check what happen using syslog but I suggest you to consider an RMA.

Regards.

I checked the syslogs for a working device and compared it to these units and there's virtually no difference between them. RMA it is then

Had the same problem with one of our SPA112's, except it was Phone 1 that was always off hook. Even after a factory reset, it remained off hook. Now it's a paperweight... and a lousy one at that.

Unplug cable from port 1.

Is the port still claimed "off hook" ? Port 1's SLIC is faulty or contacts in port 1 connector are shortened.

Is the port claimed "on hook" now ? Either cable or phone previously connected to port 1 are broken.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: