Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA2102 lost admin access!

yichen4412
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I bought a SPA-2102 from a local computer store and started to set it up. At first, I have admin acess but I don't know what I did at some point and I no longer have Admin access anymore. I tried factory reset and user setting reset but still could not get it back. Is there any other procedure that I can use to completely reset the box?

Thanks,

Yi              

2 Replies 2

davidagu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Yi Chen,

Are you being asked for a username and password? Some devices are provisioned by service providers and will download a special config file. These devices have -R in the product name.

You can try to factory reset the device by plugging an anolog telephone into the Line 1 port and entering ****

When you are prompted for a configuration option, enter 73738 and then 1 to confirm.

Let us know how it goes.

Hi, David

Thanks for responding.

The device is a SPA-2102NA that I bought from a local computer store. It should not be locked to a provider. I did try a factory reset and that did not do anything.

I also noticed that the power LED is flashing amber and talked to Cisco support. The support person ended up recommending sending the unit back so that's what I did. This is a weird problem indeed... Too bad we can't get to the bottom of it...

Thanks again for your help!

Yi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: