cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA303 Configuration utility

MidAmAgent88
Level 1
Level 1

Yesterday I viewed my settings in the Configuration Utility but could not find what I was looking for.  I had been unable to retrieve my v/m messages because I forgot my password, so I reset it from the desk set.  Now I am able to retrieve my v/m messages, but I can no longer log into the Configuration Utility because it now wants a username/password that did not present previously.  I never set a username/password for the Configuration Utility prior, so I assume it used some default settings, however nothing I put into the login popup is accepted.  What do I do to restore access to the Utility?

1 Reply 1

MidAmAgent88
Level 1
Level 1

Found the answer to my own question.  I reset the password back to the factory default value of blank from the 303 deskset and access was restored.  Cisco is remiss in not making this clear in the operating instructions.  DO NOT USE THE PASSWORD RESET OPTION IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO THE SPA PROGRAM STORED ON THE PROXY SERVER.  This program file is called /opt/SPA/bin, where opt stands for Operation Program Tool.