Helpful
Replies

SPA3102 incoming PSTN call volume

jeremy-wallis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Hope I'm in the right place!

I have owned an SPA3102 for several years. Principally used for dialling out on a standard DECT handset via my VOIP provider. This works well with no issues at all.

However, although I do not suffer from echo, I have a problem with call volume if I receive, or make, a call on the BT line. All incoming calls are on the BT line - I have no VOIP number.

I have now upgraded the firmware to 5.2.13(GW002) hoping that something might magically change but it hasn't of course. I'd be really obliged if someone can give me some settings to play with / tweak. I'm pretty technical but the UI is complex so not sure where to start.

Many Thanks,

Jeremy

1 Reply 1

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

Some settings that you can try, the info is from the admin guide.

The following 2 are in the PSTN Line tab.

SPA To PSTN Gain - dB of digital gain (or attenuation if negative) to be applied

to the signal sent from the SPA to the PSTN side. The range is -15 to 12.

The default is 0.

PSTN To SPA Gain-  dB of digital gain (or attenuation if negative) to be applied

to the signal sent from the PSTN side to the SPA. The range is -15 to 12.

The default is 0.

The following 2 are in the Regional tab.

FXS Port Input Gain - Input gain in dB, up to three decimal places. The range is

6.000 to -12.000.

The default is -3.

FXS Port Output Gain - Output gain in dB, up to three decimal places. The range is

6.000 to -12.000. The Call Progress Tones and DTMF playback level are not affected by the FXS Port Output

Gain parameter.

The default is -3.