Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA500 Connected Name and Call History

Michael Knill
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There

I am using SPA500 phones for my small businesses customers which are very good. I do however have a really annoying problem.

I find that for some reason the Call History of the phone always overrides the Connected Caller Name or RPID. Note it is the Connected Name not the Calling Name which works fine. This is the problem that is caused:

1) Phone A (Fred) receives a call from Phone B (Mary). Mary is stored in Phone A's Call History.

2) Phone B has a name change to Joe, with the same extension number.

3) Phone A (Fred) calls Phone B (Joe) but the Connected name on Phone A still shows Mary

4) Phone A (Fred) clears their Call History and now when Phone A (Fred) calls Phone B (Joe), the Connected name on Phone A shows Joe. Note also if Phone A (Fred) receives a call from Phone B (Joe) then the problem also is solved as the Call History is rewritten.

I am using the latest phone firmware and even though I am not using Cisco call control, I cant see how it is related.

Does anyone have any ideas or work arounds other than clearing the Call History either manually or via XML?

Thanks

Mike

5 Replies 5

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Described in Remote end name versus device local lists

Call SMB Support center if you consider current behavior broken.

Thanks Dan for the info.

I assume you already have and they told you it was a feature :(

Regards

Mike

No, I didn't. And not aware that someone else did.

I reported it and the response from Cisco was:

I understand it’s not convenient for the customers but the way it is it’s by design.
I am afraid you will need to clear the Call History.

Thanks Cisco !

You has reported design bug and they discovered the issue is caused by design.

I should be surprised, but I'm not. It's casual style of response provided by SMB Support Center experts.

It's because those guys are not Cisco - it's hired third party company with no real power to help you. Old gold Linksys ...