cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA500s Expansion Module Set Up Issue

dlast0001
Level 1
Level 1

I have purchased a SPA500s Expansion Module for a SPA 504G handset, but there appears to be an issue with the extension lights

I have 5 extensions provisioned on expansion unit via the hosted control panel, but the lights appear intermittently.

For Example:

Following Reboot

1. No lights appear

2. Then 30 minutes later 1 light appear

3. Then 30 minutes later a second green light appear (2 green lights now showing)

4. 1 hour later, a 3rd green light appear (3 green lights showing)

5. 30 minutes later, all lights go off.

6. Then the steps repeat (1 green light)

When the green lights appear, they do work (i.e red when used, green when idle)

The service provider has confirmed it is showing as provisioned correctly on their system

I have also checked all connections.

Please could anyone solve this strange issue for me.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mdobiac
Level 3
Level 3

Hello dlast0001,

Without a packet capture I can't tell you for sure, but the SPA500S has a resync timer of 1800 seconds, effectively 30 minutes.  It seems on the resync to the PBX it is not fully syncing,or at all, with the IP phone and the side car.  

I'd recommend working with the provider and getting a SIP packet capture during the resync periods to get a better idea what is transpiring.

Though a firmware upgrade may be needed but I suggest you inquiry about that with the provider to see if an updated firmware is compatible with their network.

Hope this helps,

Michael D.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mdobiac
Level 3
Level 3

Hello dlast0001,

Without a packet capture I can't tell you for sure, but the SPA500S has a resync timer of 1800 seconds, effectively 30 minutes.  It seems on the resync to the PBX it is not fully syncing,or at all, with the IP phone and the side car.  

I'd recommend working with the provider and getting a SIP packet capture during the resync periods to get a better idea what is transpiring.

Though a firmware upgrade may be needed but I suggest you inquiry about that with the provider to see if an updated firmware is compatible with their network.

Hope this helps,

Michael D.

Thank you Michael,

The expansion unit is now working as it should, your advice helped us discover the SIP ALG was enabled, once it was disabled the SPA 500S came alive!!

Best Regards,

David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: