Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA514G not listed in available phone type

systemnet100
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Currently implementing a UC540 with 6 x SPA514G phones.

I ran through the CCA Telephony Wizard and was able to add one of the phones without issue.

Since then I have tried addding more 514G's through CCA Users/Extensions

CCA finds the phones, but when I choose to edit one of them the Phone Type is not listed and is greyed out, so cannot be changed so I cannot add a user to this phone.

Also to note even though I was able to add a single 514G during the Telephony Wizard it is also listed as 'Unknown' and is greyed out, but it has been successfully configured for that user.

If i try to add the phone before plugging it in the 514G is not listed in the options.

I suspect that an upgrade to the 8.6.0 software pack is the first thing to do.

Unforutnately I don't have access to unit so I'm not sure what pack it is on at the moment.

Any suggestions?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

bkwon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

SWP 8.6.1 / CCA 3.2.2 support SPA514G.

it is not release yet unfortunately, but you can ask RC version.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-26978

View solution in original post

m-ketchum
Level 1
Level 1

Use CLI until 3.2.2 CCA is released.  The IOS in the current software pack supports the 514's, but the CCA is lagging.

We have about 70 514's running on a UC560 with no issues.

Cisco may take issue and call it an unsupported deployment, but if you need your phones that's how you get them up and running for now.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

bkwon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

SWP 8.6.1 / CCA 3.2.2 support SPA514G.

it is not release yet unfortunately, but you can ask RC version.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-26978

m-ketchum
Level 1
Level 1

Use CLI until 3.2.2 CCA is released.  The IOS in the current software pack supports the 514's, but the CCA is lagging.

We have about 70 514's running on a UC560 with no issues.

Cisco may take issue and call it an unsupported deployment, but if you need your phones that's how you get them up and running for now.

Thanks for your response guys, very insightful.

Maybe this is a stupid question to ask, but why would Cisco release a phone that is not supported by the current release of CCA, especially considering CCA is the only supported method of configuration for the UC500's?

I find this quite baffling.

The SPA series handsets and ATAs are widely used in hosted call control environments with SIP proxies from a variety of vendors, so the phones were released as soon as they were fully developed and had successfully completed the QA process.  The release schedule for the UC500 did not line up closely enough to this to do a simultaneous release of support across all platforms.

Cheers,

Dave.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: