Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA525G2 Firmware installation

Heiko Henning
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

as I have many Problems with the SPA525G2 phones I want to update the Firmware (no Updates are coming from UC320 side) manually.

But I searched the whole Internet for Information but nothing works.

How do I have to Update the Firmware (on phone, over Network or how ever) to actual 7.5.6, and will it still run on UC320?

Regards

5 Replies 5

mdobiac
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Heiko Henning,

Unfortunately you will not be able to do so as the UC320W manages the firmware for the phones.  As far as I know 7.5.6 is not tested with the UC320W and not part of the TFTP server for firmware on the UC320W.

Though if you could elaborate on the issue that you are experiencing with the SPA525G2 in conjunction with the UC320W we could potentially help in resolving your issues.  Additionally if it is impacting business you can call in for support at 1-866-606-1866 and talk with the UC320W team.

Regards,

Michael D.

Hello,

the Problem is, that the phones are intermittend rebooting.

Now I have the urgent other Problem, that I have 2 new phones that have Firmware 7.5.5a and after provisioning to user every Minute "Sprachdaten aktualisieren" (Languages updating).

What can I do here - downgrading Firmware?

Regards

Hello Heiko Henning,

If your new phones are the new hardware models that have the 128MB Flash then the lowest firmware they can go to is 7.5.5a if they are SPA525G2 phones.

If you would like to verify that the SPA525G2s are of the new 128MB flash you can call into 1-866-606-1866 and we can verify it for you.

As for the intermittent issue there could be a few variables to look into.  Network wise, are you using a Data and Voice VLAN, is the phone getting a data IP address upon restart and not a Voice VLAN IP address, are you seeing any packet loss over the network?

What are the common symptoms when they restart, is it only a particular phone or all phones on the network, is it restarting every 30 minutes or every hour?

It could be also an issue with the configuration of the UC320W and the features being used. To pin point this a little better I do suggest that you call in for support on the UC320W so we can get some hands on with the unit if you wish to do so.

Otherwise the information above will allow you to start to look into the issue and depending on the symptoms I could potentially provide additional insight.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Michael D.

Hello,

is there a german number I can call - I cannot make international calls there...

The phones (only the two new) are not complete rebooting - just "refreshing language" every 1-3 Minutes for one Minute.

The other older phones that rebooting when a call Comes in: this Problem Comes some times and till then they work...

Hello,

Here is the German support number:  0800 503 0017

For the refreshing language issue I haven't encountered that much, not sure if it is a communications issue to the UC320W or something happen with the install of the language pack.  Two things I would try is factory default the phones that are having the refreshing issue and then monitor that.  If still having the issue you could try uninstalling the software pack and reinstall it.  Though looking at the logs or setting up a syslog to see what is truly going on here may be needed if the quick trouble shooting tasks don't resolve it.

For the second issue of the phones rebooting we will definitely have to look at the logs.

Regards,

Michael D.