Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Switching from 4 digit to 10 digit PRI

I am doing an install tonight and had a question.  They are using a PRI now and I am just going to switch it from their old PBX to the new UC560.  I setup all of the DIDs for 10 digits. If the provider sends only 4, is their an easy way to switch it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mtempro
Level 1
Level 1

Above screen shot shows how CCA makes it easy for you.  Under incoming dial plan you can configure it to your liking.  Direct dialing has a top portion for mapping to internal extensions and the bottom portion for mapping to groups like AA, blast groups, etc.  In the example I used a 4 digit DID mapped to 3 digit internal extensions.  If the system wasn't CCA configuring using this could possibly break what you have now or maybe just not work if you have cli configured translation rules, so if that's the case you may want to put in a call to SBSC.

***From CCA =>Configure =>Telephony=>Dial plan=>Incoming***

Regards,

Marvin

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mtempro
Level 1
Level 1

Above screen shot shows how CCA makes it easy for you.  Under incoming dial plan you can configure it to your liking.  Direct dialing has a top portion for mapping to internal extensions and the bottom portion for mapping to groups like AA, blast groups, etc.  In the example I used a 4 digit DID mapped to 3 digit internal extensions.  If the system wasn't CCA configuring using this could possibly break what you have now or maybe just not work if you have cli configured translation rules, so if that's the case you may want to put in a call to SBSC.

***From CCA =>Configure =>Telephony=>Dial plan=>Incoming***

Regards,

Marvin

Thanks...forgot about that.  Good thing I only used CCA this time.