Views
Helpful
Replies

UC300/UC500 are being EOS

Eddie Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Is the UC300/UC500 being EOS, if so where can I get more information.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

Officially there is no such announcement yet... but there is quite a bit of speculation and rumors that that is the case.

There are some other indicators as well -- for ex: the UC500 is based on 1800 ISR hardware... and the new CME firmware supports only 1900/2900/3900 routers... so it seems the UC500 may not be getting firwmare updates from the CME codebase anymore. It seems unlikely that Cisco will maintain that code base separately...

-Dan

Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

Officially there is no such announcement yet... but there is quite a bit of speculation and rumors that that is the case.

There are some other indicators as well -- for ex: the UC500 is based on 1800 ISR hardware... and the new CME firmware supports only 1900/2900/3900 routers... so it seems the UC500 may not be getting firwmare updates from the CME codebase anymore. It seems unlikely that Cisco will maintain that code base separately...

-Dan

Please rate useful posts.

Daniel,

Thanks for the update.

Hi Eddie,

Does Cisco internal not communicate information to you?

I was kind of hoping a Cisco employee could confirm it LOL

Cheers,

David Trad.

**If you don't want to rate a post that is fine, I'll just find out where you live and hunt you down**

^^ That's a joke just in case you didn't get it :)

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Please correct me if I am wrong, however I see the Cisco 1861E listed as compatible with CME 9.1 and the download page shows files for the newest 15.2.4 IOS.  So from my perspective, it looks like a business decision that has frozen the UC500s at the current version, not a technical obstacle

My speculation is that the BE3000 was supposed to replace the UC series, but it has some serious issues that need to be resolved before Cisco starts to push customers in that direction. 

Correct, a purely business decision, and a really bad one IMHO.

Interesting... I had thought that the whole X800 ISR series were incompatible with CME 9.1, but it seems you are right:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/requirements/guide/cme91spc.html

That's too bad... 9.0/9.1 has some good features... (or even 8.8 for that matter...)

The 1861E is an ISR G2. Cisco has chosen that P/N instead of 1961.

Is the UC500 hardware based on the 1861E though? I thought it was based on an older model.

Rougly speaking, there are two generations, the 520 and 540/560.

Howevere there is no technical limitation, if Cisco wanted in theory the ISR G1 could run IOS 15.3