cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320 Capacity VM??

MSULLIVAN01
Level 1
Level 1

Can there be more than 24 Mail Boxes on the UC320?   I have a customer who purchased a UC320 with 15 handsets, thinking they would never need more. We installed it for them adding 3 VoiceMail only ext for Calling Groups.   They now want to add an additional 9 handsets, plus add a couple more VoiceMail only ext.   The Admin and Implementation Guide state "The system allows up to 24 voicemail boxes for primary personal extensions and 15 voicemail boxes for additional extensions and group extensions", but gives no instructions on how to do it.   Tech support said we can't have any more than 24 users/mail boxes.   I have recommended they upgrade to a UC560, but they just purchased the UC320 a few months ago and don't have the budget now.   The customer is a non-profit, so I would like to help, if it's possible.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

juliomar
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Mike,

You can have the 24 personal user's voicemail accountss and can have 15 additional voicemails associated to a group/shared extension.  You can  create groups, then assign a group voicemail to the groups.  Do note that when creating groups, at least one member must be part of a group.

Thus you can create a "marketing" group voicemail, a sales group voicemail, and so forth.

Unfortunately, as of now they will be at limit of personal voicemail accounts.  From now on they can only add group voicemail accounts.

Hope this helps,

Julio

MSULLIVAN01
Level 1
Level 1

Julio,

Thank you for the reply.

I wonder if you could clarify how the UC320 see the user vs phones.

Does the UC320 support users without a phone or do you need a phone to be considered a user?   Example: If I have 24 phones, but 4 of those phones don’t need voicemail (Kitchen, Staff Room, Conference Rm, Visitor Area), does that mean I have 4 personal voicemail boxes for users who don’t need a dedicated phones? (Part Time Staff, Volunteers, etc.)

I know all this not what the UC320 was intended for. Just what to make sure I give the customer the correct answer.

Hi Mike,

While you do have to create a 'user' for each phone, that user does not need to have voicemail.  The user construct is what we use to poulate the directories and to provide calling name info.  I assume your concern is you don't want phones without users to consume voicemail space?  By unselecting the voicemail option when you create the corresponding user, you should be fine.

Cheers,

Dave.

Hi Mike,

You can create a total of 25 users on the UC320W.  You can assign a voicemail account to any of these. 

If you do not want to create a Voicemail for any of the 25 users/phones it is OK, as David has explained above.  But that would leave a potential personal voicemail account unused.  These accounts are created 1/user and are reserved.  If you do  not create the acount for a user, the voicemail account cannot be assigned to another user/phone.

The system does allow you to increase the voicemail accounts used by allowing you to create/enable any of 15 voicemail accounts reserved for shared extensions/additional extensions/hunt groups.

Hope I did not muddle water... ;-)

Julio