Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320W - Voicemail attendant is silent

prismnvgt
Level 1
Level 1

I just installed a UC320W.

When I first set it up I didn't have any lines connected or anything. I wanted to make sure I understood how it worked before I deployed it. I was able to get in and setup my personal voicemail.

However, now that I have the system up and working I cannot access voicemail. I can press the voicemail button and it looks like it's doing something but the receiver is silent. I get the same if I dial my voicemail extension or if I dial anyone else's voicemail extension.

The AutoAttendant is working fine. Everything else seems to be fine too except that button label/assignment doesn't apply. (Not sure it's related, but you never know)

Does anyone have any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rbordner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please make sure the phones are registering on the Voice Vlan and not the Data Vlan.

The UC320W will use the Voice Vlan ip address for the SIP RTP packets.

Starting point.

Randy

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

rbordner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please make sure the phones are registering on the Voice Vlan and not the Data Vlan.

The UC320W will use the Voice Vlan ip address for the SIP RTP packets.

Starting point.

Randy

That's definitely it, then. The phones are registering on the Data VLAN.

The switch I have supports CDP and LLDP. When I enable the Voice VLAN the phones pop up on VLAN 100 but they don't get an IP. They seemed to be registering properly on the Data VLAN so I figured it was good enough.

I assume that the port that connects my PoE switch to the UC320W is configured incorrectly. It's set up as a Hybrid port with VLAN 1 Untagged (and set as the PVID) and VLAN 100 tagged. Is that incorrect?

Hi Garrett,

Please configure the interface on the switch (to the UC320W)  as a trunk port. Also add vlan 100 to the interface so the untagged vlan 1 and the tagged vlan 100 are both on the trunk port.

See if the phone can obtain an IP address on vlan 100.

Randy

Awesome! Thanks for the help. It's working prefectly now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: