cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC500 DMVPN Setup

andreww-gases
Level 1
Level 1

I have 12 UC520 units linked together over a DMVPN with IPSec tunnel protection.  There is a 2901 router at the main location that is used as the hub.  The problem is, if the hub gets reloaded, the tunnels on the other ends do not come back up automatically.  I am forced to login to each UC520 and do a shut-no shut on the tunnel interface.

I read that GRE keep alives do not function with tunnel protection so I'm wondering if there's some other way to make the tunnels a little more resilient.  My security association lifetime is currently set to 24hrs and I toyed with the idea of reducing that to make it rebuild the SA more often.

Any ideas?

1 Reply 1

The tunnels should come back up automatically. They are probably not coming back up as fast as you would like them to though. We have the same situation with our DMVPN. The problem only seems to come about when I am playing with the routers, so it's mostly an annoyance if I forget to clear out the DMVPN session when I am done toying with the settings.

I would also like to know if there is a way to make this process happen faster... If that's an option.

Cole