Views
Helpful
Replies

UC500 phones stuck on "registering" after changing ip

ndazzi.rdac
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I have an UC500 that is working great on a LAN, CIPC and physical handset, no problems.

My goal is to relocate the UC500 to another office that has of course another subnet. There is a vpn link connecting the two sites.

I did it, I had to change the ip address of the UC500 reflecting the new subnet, from the orinal LAN I can ping both the new ip address and the service engine no problem, but the phones got stuck on registering. From the UC500 I can ping as well everything.  There are no polocies in the tunnell, everything is allowed.

I also change the source-address statement in the telephony-service section.

Any ideas?

thanks

16 Replies 16

bkwon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

we recommend to use CCA to configure UC500 platform to avoid any configuration errors and it is easy to operate. you can start from scratch for new setup in new site.

thanks

Thanks...but i d avoid to reconfigure 50 phones, all rules and everthing...it is just a change of ip i guess it shouldnt be that complicated...

thanks

bkwon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

i understand , please try this

telephony-service

create cnf

and reset phone.

2. reset the switch after save confgiuration confirm.

if you still see the issue, please attach the show run after remove any private.

thanks

Hi,

thanks for the answer. I had to roll back as the third party didnt provide E1 connection to the new location, so I cant try in real time unfortunately.

From phone prospective, what exactly a phone is looking for to be registered given that it can reach to UC500? I mean, what step would you do if you had to reip a uc500? What i did:

- change ip on vlan1

- reconfigure routing (and confirmed through ping).

- change source address in telephony service to reflect vlan1

is that it? should it work after this or you need to do something else?

cheers

Hi,

i never even try change the ip addres manually, things on top of my head, DHCP, Static routes, Firewall/Access-list.

and one thing, why did you change the souce-address under telephony-service, that is vlan100 ip address by default.

thanks

any thoughts from anyone else?

thanks

If you are using CCA earlier than version 3.2, you may run into this bug :-

CSCtr47098  All phones failed to register when VLAN100 IP address changed via the CCA

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_configuration_assistant/version3_2/release/Notes/cca_3_2_relnotes.html

Hi Jon,

thanks. I didn't reconfigure the ip throught CCA, I did it through command line, details:

- changed ip on vlan 1

- changed source address (currently binded to vlan 1 no 100, and everything is working)

The CIPC are on Vlan 1 as they are running on pc that are on vlan 1. Once i moved the UC500 on the new location, changed ip, changing routing and verified that the pc was able to reach the new site and the UC500 with the new ip, I fired up CICP on the same client I ve verified connectivity, but it was stuck on registering. I brought back the UC500, changed the ip back and it worked again.

So i m thinking that something else must be done.

thanks

any clues anyone?

thanks

nick

could you send me your configuration file to my cisco email.

thanks

Hi,

You will also want to make sure that the DHCP pool is modified to reflect the network change.  Make sure that option 150 points to the correct ip address. 

Thanks,

Brandon

Hi,

thanks. DHCP is provided by a Windows server and option 150 reflects the new ip. BTW i m using CIPC at the moment, so no really need for option 150.

Bongsu, thanks mate, but i m not authorized to post or send configurations file.

Let me try this way: what is needed for a CIPC to be registerd to a UC500?

Also, what i didnt do, after changing the ip of the uc500 and the thelephony service statement, i didnt do a restart with the new settings (this to avoid to restore previous conf). This is definitely something i ll do.

thanks

kellyezekwe
Level 1
Level 1

@ ndazzi.rdac

What is the the model of the phone?

- As a process of elimination, have you tried erasing the IPV4/Network/TFTP/ configutation setting on one phone, then reboot the phone .

If that does not work, I will delete CTL file file, this of course should reboot the phone.

- Thanks.

Hi Kelly,

95% of users are using CIPC not physical phones, and not even with CICP I could make them register (the only thing i could see is updated time/date and "registering" message there forever). Tried from the same host to ping everything (new vlan ip, service engine and everything) and it wa sjust fine, so the routing is not the problem. Also the tunnel is full opened, no restrictions whatsover.

I guess there is just a stupid conf line that i have to update that i m missing. Also I didnt restart the router after changing vlan1 ip and source address in telephony service, but i m not sure if it is required.

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: