Views
Helpful
Replies

UC500 + Video Calls (8941 and 9971)

raquiros-its
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

According to documentation on Software Pack 8.6 it is possible to register Cisco 8941 and 9971 IP Phones, both of them comes with built-in cameras...

Is it possible to just register the phones in the UC500 and start using video or do I need to activate or order something else? Or maybe is just not supported at all...

Has anyone tried it yet?

Thanks,.

-RQ

4 Replies 4

Hello Jose,

You do not need to purchase anything else just enable video for the phone. I have tested and it is working fine with 9971 - for 8941 I have not tested I assume it is the same.

HTH,

Alex

*Please rate helpful posts

Thank you so much, I will try next week video calls with Cisco 8941 to see if it works... I will try video calling from Video Desk Phones to Softphones as well...

Will post my results...

Hi Jose,

We have flashed our 8941 with the Sip firmware and set it up in CCA as 9971 (as it is not officially supported) and is working fine for video calls. We also have 9971 and both can call each other.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if you need help flashing them to Sip?

Best regards,

Tim

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi Tim,

Any chance you could advise on how to flash the 8941 phones?

Also, any reason why we can't use the SCCP firmware?

I have them working, using the SCCP firmware with video calls etc.. However we need to update the firmware anyway to get hook/headset support. 

I'd also be keen to know if we can get VPN functionality working with these phones and our UC540.