Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 Change Region & VMail to GB

brian.russell31
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Guys,

I think I must have downloaded every available file from the Cico web site, however to no avail.

Could someone please assist me with what file I requier to change the region and vmail setting language to UK - GB....

I am running the UC520 8.0.0 software pack which I think has upgraded the CUE to version 7.1.3, thus I downloaded the language packs for 7.1.3 for only CCA 2.2. to let me know I have the wrong software versions....

Could someone please list the files for me to download?

Many Thanks

Brian

26 Replies 26

Hi Dave,

Tried the upgrade again: and followed all the correct steps and it failed at the same point:

Done upgrading of IOS image

Start to upgrade CME files
(Time estimation: 18 minutes)

Uploading CME phone loads...
CME Files Upload in progress, please wait... (1)
CME Files Upload in progress, please wait... (2)
CME Files Upload in progress, please wait... (3)
Uploading CME support files...
CME Files Upload in progress, please wait... (4)
Upload of CME files successful.
Done upgrading CME files

Software upgrade of CUE module requested.
Upgrading CUE consists of 5 steps with a total estimate time of 39 minutes.

CUE upgrade step 1: Backing up CUE configuration and data
Skipping backup CUE configuration data due to Apply Default Configuration.

CUE upgrade step 2: Installing new CUE image
(Time estimation: 17 minutes)

Setting CUE language: US English
CUE will automatically reload when install is complete.
CUE Install in progress, please wait... (1)
CUE Install in progress, please wait... (2)
CUE Install in progress, please wait... (3)
CUE Install in progress, please wait... (4)
CUE Install in progress, please wait... (5)
Install of new CUE image failed.

Software upgrade for CUE module failed.

Software upgrade for one or more components failed.

Software upgrade failed.

I mean I have done everything to the book and it stills fails...

Is there any chance we could setup a webex session to go through this and you guys can check it yourselfs and try and work out whats going on?

Am I doing something obviously wrong for it to fail 100% off the time?

Thanks

Brian

This looks a little different from the problem I have been talking about.  Can you get a troubleshooting log and attach it to the thread?  Go to Help > Support Information > Troubleshooting log in CCA and attach the generated file.

Cheers,

Dave.

Hey Dave can this log only be generated at the point of failure, cause I am in the office now and the only way to connect to my UC would be to VPN and do a remote upgrade over VPN.... for it to fail and gernerate the log that way...

IS that an option?

Brian,

The application log can be generated from your PC that has CCA running on it.  You dont need to connect to the system to get it.

Open CCA and you dont need to connect to anything.   Click HELP: SUPPORT INFORMATION: Generate Troubleshooting Log : Generate

It takles what it needs out of :

C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\CiscoSMB\Cisco Configuration Assistant

...and zips it up.

Send in that zip please.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Hope this helps...I think it seems that I like to keep you guys busy.... Or seem to be the one creating the most dicussions....

Hi Brian,

You may have to look through the "C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\CiscoSMB\Cisco Configuration Assistant" folder to find the application logs that have timestamp closer to the upgrade attempt. The files generated in the previous steps didn't have the correct application logs.

On the side note, if you are trying to change the localization to GB, then please download the latest UC 500 Software Pack - the posting date is 03-DEC-2009.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Regarding creating discussions....Nawwwwwwwww :-)   Dont give that another thought.

The idea of this community is to 'enable our partners' to be able to have what they need to be successful.

In some cases you educate us about what you need and in many cases I notice partners helping eachother out here.

I think its working.   As it grows though with thousands of discussions, we all need to use search to find issues already discussed.

But as new product rolls out, I think this makes the process faster for everyone...At least I hope it does.  I think the questions you ask will be asked by many, so posting it is going to help us get the word out.   So Thank you.

Also, everyone in Cisco doesnt participate here you may have noticed.  In fact, this is pretty much 'voluntary' for the band of brothers that do.  A Cisco culture thing to want to effect change I think as we are empowered to do what we think is the right thing.

So sometimes I feel bad when we take a bashing out here but I guess you can say we come here looking for it ;-)

But we have to get to the bottom of the issues, if they are issues (thats a big challenge to figure out too) and fix them so the product does what its sold to do.

Dave Harper is a TME in the BU and his help here is going to be great to get the internal team looking at these logs.

Steve

Here is the log file with the closest timestamps...

Thanks Brian,

I will run these logs by the CCA engineering team and update you on their analysis.

-Saurabh

Darn it.

We could not find the application log events corresponding to the actual failure below...

Are you sure it was this PC that did the upgrade and there are no more application logs with earlier timestamps in that directory?

Uploading CME phone loads...
CME Files Upload in progress, please wait... (1) CME Files Upload in progress, please wait... (2) CME Files Upload in progress, please wait... (3) Uploading CME support files...
CME Files Upload in progress, please wait... (4) Upload of CME files successful.
Done upgrading CME files
Software upgrade of CUE module requested.
Upgrading CUE consists of 5 steps with a total estimate time of 39 minutes.
CUE upgrade step 1: Backing up CUE configuration and data Skipping backup CUE configuration data due to Apply Default Configuration.
CUE upgrade step 2: Installing new CUE image (Time estimation: 17 minutes) Setting CUE language: US English CUE will automatically reload when install is complete.
CUE Install in progress, please wait... (1) CUE Install in progress, please wait... (2) CUE Install in progress, please wait... (3) CUE Install in progress, please wait... (4) CUE Install in progress, please wait... (5) Install of new CUE image failed.
Software upgrade for CUE module failed.
Software upgrade for one or more components failed.
Software upgrade failed.

Hey Steve,

Its driving me mad as well... Think the Cisco developers could webex into my machine and see for themselfs...

I dont think I can open a TAC case for this?

I think a webex session would be best as they can see with their own eyes whats going on....

Thanks

Brian

Brian,

I have experienced this issue on both UC520 and UC540 systems.

You need to Update the CUE FIRST!!

I don't know why but if you do this the update works.

You will need to unzip the V8.0 software pack onto your machine somewhere first, then unzip the CUE 7.1.3 file as well.

You will need to download the following files from https://upload.cisco.com/cgi-bin/swc/fileexg/main.cgi?CONTYPES=UC500 if you have not done so already:

CME-locale-en_GB-English-7.0.1.1.tar

cue-vm-en_GB-langpack.uc500.7.1.3.prt1

CP_521_524_Dictionary.tar

These files will then need to be copied into C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\CiscoSMB\Cisco Configuration Assistant\appdata\phoneloads

I would also copy cue-vm-en_GB-langpack.uc500.7.1.3.prt1 into the folder your unziped the CUE 7.1.3 software too.

All you need to do then is run the CUE software update using the CCA software, pointing the update location to the folder you unzipped the CUE 7.1.3 software too.  Make sure you remember to select UK as the language.

Once the CUE has been updated you can then run the ALL update option and point at the complete software pack file.  The update will give a message about the language versions being different in the CUE and the fact that it is going to skip it, don't worry as this is correct.

Your system should then be regionalised to the UK, just remember to set the Phone Locale as well.

Hopefully this information will stop others going through months of frustration.

Alvin Russell

(New to CISCO and there quirks)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: