Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 Newbie. Cannot get MeetMe display on 7945G phone

Hello,

I set up Meet Me conferencing in the CCA...it appears that there is not really that much to do here.

I set up the UC540 to allow up to 2 MeetMe conference, and up to to AdHoc Conferences.

My first question is:  How come I do not see any MeetMe display on my 7945G phone?

My second question is:  Can I get an external user to join a MeetMe conference?

Thanks

Cliff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Cliff,

My first 
question is:  How come I do not see any MeetMe display on my 7945G 
phone?

There should be a meet me soft key on your phone when you put it in a seized state (This is when you take the phone of hook, either by lifting the handset or pressing the speaker phone button), if it is not there maybe you need to restart the phone so the appropriate ephone-template can be applied to your phone, thus having the right soft keys available to you.

My second question is:  Can I get an external user to join a MeetMe 
conference?

Yes you can there is more then one to do this:

• Allocate a DID number to your Meet-me DN's or use translation rules to direct it to your Meet-Me DN
  • Have them call into your primary number and for someone to transfer the call into the Meet-Me room

If you have issues with getting the Meet-Me soft key working on your phone please post back and we can all try to help you with that.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Cliff,

My first 
question is:  How come I do not see any MeetMe display on my 7945G 
phone?

There should be a meet me soft key on your phone when you put it in a seized state (This is when you take the phone of hook, either by lifting the handset or pressing the speaker phone button), if it is not there maybe you need to restart the phone so the appropriate ephone-template can be applied to your phone, thus having the right soft keys available to you.

My second question is:  Can I get an external user to join a MeetMe 
conference?

Yes you can there is more then one to do this:

• Allocate a DID number to your Meet-me DN's or use translation rules to direct it to your Meet-Me DN
  • Have them call into your primary number and for someone to transfer the call into the Meet-Me room

If you have issues with getting the Meet-Me soft key working on your phone please post back and we can all try to help you with that.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi David,

Yep, it was simply that the phone was not in a seized state!  DOH!

Thank you.

Can you help with allowing an external caller to join a conference without having to have a live operator switch him to the conference?

This would mean: Allocate a DID number to your Meet-me DN's or use translation rules to direct it to your Meet-Me DN

I only have one phone line into my UC540 FXO port.  Say this # is 555-5555.  Can I use 555-5555 as also a number for dialers to dial into my phone and select an extension to join the conference?

Thanks

Hi Cliff,

You are in a difficult situation here, one line and it being FXO/PSTN is going to be the issue here.

Honestly in my mind there is only one clear cut way to do this, but I am sure the rest of the Cisco Community will come up with a better solution for you.

I would recommend the following:

Setup an Auto Attendant, have the AA filter all incoming calls, in that you setup an option to join a Meet-me conference I.e Press 7 to join a Meet-me.

You will also need one local administrator phone to be logged into it, you do not want to have an unattended conference room as I am still unsure of any possible ways to conduct toll fraud, I am sure there might be a way (In your case this shouldn't be an issue as you only have one line).

Have you considered signing up to a SIP trunk provider and obtaining multiple incoming SIP lines? Most ITSP's provide DID ranges as well on SIP trunks which could be of major benefit to you, your PSTN service will only serve as a backup then

Just thinking out loud for you

Cheers,

David.

Hi David,

Cool comments. 

The way meetme is setup on my UC500 is that there has to be a local phone user, or VPN dialin IP communicator user that initiates the meetme session.  Once that meetme session is initiated, I have found that the call initiator can drop off.  At least having this simple way to initiate a meetme session stops the potential for non authorized users initiating a meetme session.

Hey mate, it's cold down here in Melbourne.

regards Dave

Hi Dave,

Mate glad to see you back on home soil, nothing like being back home hey Melbourne 4 seasons in one day, the city is a freak of nature

The way meetme is setup on my UC500 is that there has to be a local 
phone user, or VPN dialin IP communicator user that initiates the meetme
 session.  Once that meetme session is initiated, I have found that the 
call initiator can drop off.  At least having this simple way to 
initiate a meetme session stops the potential for non authorized users 
initiating a meetme session.

Cool i will be putting this in my potenial work arounds list, I might just have to start running a DB on these, I am collecting heaps of them at the moment. The VPN Dialin IP is a good idea, I would have thought of it, but it would have taken a couple of drinks to get me to that stage and a sever loss of hair.

Cheers,

David.

Thanks guys for your answers!

Since I got my first question answered (how to see MeetMe display), I will create a new thread for other separate questions.

Cliff