Views
Helpful
Replies

uc520 - outbound calls take a long time

pamirian76
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

got my uc520 working, inbound calls work rigth away but outbound calls take a long time...

so when I run any sort of debug on my uc520, I dial a number let's say 9 555 555 5555 it will take about 15 seconds before anything shows up in my debugs.

so it does work but calling out not sure what happens takes a long time.

this is all with a sip provider.

I know it,s not the sip provider because as I said before any debug information is showed on my console between me dialing the number and hitting DIAL and the time anything shows up it takes about 15 seconds.

ideas?

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Configure interdigit timeout to 3 or 4.

And dial-peers with the correct pattern and number of digits, avoid using T

in CCA my interdigit is 5 seconds.

how do I change dialpeers from within CCA?

I have no idea about CCA.

so here is the test I did today,

my UC520 at home is behind my isp's (linksys type device) so my uc520 gets a 192.168.x.x

so behind my own isp it takes a good 20 seconds before the phone I'm calling rings.

I took my device and put it in my dad's house where my uc520 gets the public ip, dhcp but still I get the public ip.

it takes about 5 seconds which is normal.

any idea why in my house before any debug starts showing up in my terminal why it takes about 15...20 seconds and when the uc has the public ip it takes about 3 to 5 seconds?

I just run

debug ccsip messages.

my dad,s internet I get the public ip it after 3 seconds debug information shows up.

on my internet it takes about 20 seconds before any debug information shows up and my uc gets a 192.168.x.x from the providers modem/router device.

thanks

just to add,

pinging the registrar from the router is instantanious so its not dns related.

Hello,

It seems like an issue with the router in front of the UC then. How do you have that router configured in regards to SIP?

Thanks,

-john

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: