cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 vs the 540

leealanmoreau
Level 1
Level 1

Thought I'd ask the experts here as I can get the UC520 for far less than the UC540, pretty much half the price of it so just curious if it's a bad idea based on what I need.  Right now we have just 2 users in the office that will connect to it, and will have possibly 1 remote home user.  Our business will grow but the most I'd ever expect to be connected to the device locally would be 5-6 users.  We use SIP Trunking and I'd say 5-6 concurrent calls are our max.  It'a far less than that I'm just thinking if we use SNR etc.

Right now we have Asterisk and a Netgear wifi router.  Is there any major limitation for us if we went with the UC520 and then got a Wireless Access Point to give it Wifi?  Or is it lacking features of the UC540 etc?  Was doing research and most places seemed to say that the 540 is more powerful etc but again we'd never have more than 8 users maximum, and if we did then I'd be making enough money to not worry about saving $1500 on a system

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The UC520 is end of sales, and supports less users. For this reason it can be found cheaper. However, both systems run the same software, and do the same exact things.