cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 and SPA535G: Abbreviated Dialing?

gmgarrian
Level 4
Level 4

I have a UC540 with SPA525G phones.  Under telephony server on the UC540 I've put directory entries:

directory entry 1 1234567890 name "User"

etc.

etc.

Now this list shows up in the directory on the phones but I'm not getting the option for abbreviated dialing. 

Am I doing this wrong?  I checked the ephone template and do not have the option to add teh AbbDial softkey.

Thanks,!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi gmgarrian,

Firstly you should be using CCA these days for making changes like this, with the modern Software Packs the method of implementing the corporate directory (Abrreviated Dialing) has changed a little, it may also use an xml file to do the lookup.

Since you have created a manual entry, please advise on the following:

If you press "1" does the abbdial soft-key show up?

If so when you press it does it show you the name and number, or just the number?? or the number twice???

Lets work from there

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi gmgarrian,

Firstly you should be using CCA these days for making changes like this, with the modern Software Packs the method of implementing the corporate directory (Abrreviated Dialing) has changed a little, it may also use an xml file to do the lookup.

Since you have created a manual entry, please advise on the following:

If you press "1" does the abbdial soft-key show up?

If so when you press it does it show you the name and number, or just the number?? or the number twice???

Lets work from there

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Thanks!  I was expecting the AbbDial key to show up with the phone off-hook.

Yes one would think that... It has caught me out many times

Cheers,

David.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: