cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 conference calling issue

chris.wilson
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer running a UC540 software pack 8.2 who wants to be able to have a receptionist initiate a conference call, then she would drop off of the call and leave the other 2 parties connected.  I cannot see how to do this.  Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

6 Replies 6

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Chris,

I just tested this in my lab, and I did not have any problems.  The receptionist should be able to just hit the "confrn" button, then dial the other party, hit "confrn" again, and all three phones will then be in the conference.  At that point, the receptionist should be able to just hang up on the call, and the other two phones should remain connected.

Thank you,

Darren

Darren, I've tested on the UC on our office and when the creator hangs up the call(s) drop.  Based on the post from Marcus, it appears I may be able to configure the ephone-template to ensure that the conference orginator can hang up and not drop the other calls.

Thoughts

Chris

mcasimirc63
Level 4
Level 4

By default the ephone-template is configured to not drop the call if the creator drops.  If that does not happen for you, apply the follow command under the ephone template that is used by all of your ephones.  The command can be applied to the ephone or template.  Make sure that your ephones don't have varying commands as far as this goes.

ephone-template 15

conference drop-mode local

Here is the description under the command in IOS.

Creator  The active conference terminates when the conference creator hangs up.

Local    The active conference terminates when the last local party in the conference hangs up or drops out of the conference.

Thanks Marcus, I will try in my lab at the office where I had the same problem and post my results.

Chris

It works!  Thanks for the input!

Chris

NP