cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 crashes when reloaded

Dpt. Support
Level 1
Level 1

Running into the following problem UC540 crashes when reload command is issued the following message appears: Unexpected exception to CPU: vector 400, PC = 0x0

Tried the following steps:

installed ios uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.151-4.M5

installed ios uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.151-2.T4

formatted flash card erased nvram rebuild the uc540 with cca 3.2 used pack 8.6.1

inserted new flash card installed ios uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.151-4.M5

Nothing seems to fix the problems is there anything else i can try?

Attached crash log.

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Purpose of reload is to restart the unit, ans should be done rarely if ever on correctly working system/

Now according you, when you do that, a crash occours, but then for sure the unit restarts anyway, that is the desired effect after all.

You may not like but if it is an issue for you, then contact Cisco for a solution.

Hello, I am managing two devices with the same IOS, but I cannot understand why one of my boxes by surprise begin with exact the same problem, now I am afraid to restart the other box because is in production finally, working perfect.

I am trying to understand the problem to fix, but really I can’t understand.

Checking IOS in both boxes with the command

"verify flash:uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.151-4.M5"

Both UC show the same results

Embedded Hash   MD5 : 8027DE0C732BA0E276AA843102F53529

Computed Hash   MD5 : 8027DE0C732BA0E276AA843102F53529

CCO Hash       MD5 : 9433B3EEC2AC1D8FED8ED17642ADB02C

I find this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1828/products_tech_note09186a00800a65d1.shtml

But...I thought it no say so much.

Please, if any person can help, I should to continue looking for solution, if I find any effective answer, immediately I will comment here.

First, you should open a new thread for new problems.

Then, you shoudl at least post the "show stack" or other information relating to the crash.

Hello, why I need open a new thread, if I have exact the same problem

Hello, yesterday finally I updated the IOS to uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.151-4.M6 (UC540-8.6.2.zip), the problem persist, really I dont know now what I can do?!, I imagine, maybe the problem is the memory or another hardware part...

I opened a support case with Cisco, we made many tests, upgrade and downgrade IOS, change internal parts with other UC the same model, finally Cisco support replace the wrong UC, the new device is working ok

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: