Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC560 / CCA / Web GUI / Changing user on Phone

I have installed a few of these systems with great success using CLI and making changes using CLI such as phone assignments and any small configuration changes to users phones, etc.  With the changes to the support, I started using CCA and have had pretty good success with it also, but only during setup though.  Making changes to the system seems to be a hassle for me.  I am not sure if I am just not doing it correctly or not, but there has to be an easier way.

For Example:

I have two users on the system

User A: ext 250, phone A, voicemail

User B: ext 270, phone B, voicemail

They are making changes to the DID's and need to switch the internal extensions for these two users so user A has Ext 270 and User B has extension 250.

I go into Office Manager to see if there is a way to do this.  Open up User A in the Users option and besides changing the name, there isn't much I can do.

So I move on to CCA.

Open up Configure/Telephony/Users and Extensions/Users and Phones:

Select User A and click edit.

Select the Button Assignments and try to change the extesion to 270 and it gives me the There are errors in this window.

The only way I could figure out how to do this was to delete both users (which in turned deleted their mailbox also) recreate the users and phone in CCA and recreate the mailbox for those users.

I would have had this done in CLI in about 5 minutes but I spent more than an hour trying to figure this out in CCA and the results were not what I wanted.  Am I doing something wrong here or is CCA/OM the most non-user friendly programs out there for making simple changes to phones/extensions.

2 Replies 2

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Thomas,

As of CCA 3.0.1, you are correct.  There is not a way to switch the extensions of two phones directly.

If the phones are of the same type, there is one way around this though CCA.

Original phones, using your example: 250 and 270.

Change Ext. 250 to 288.

Change Ext. 270 to 250.

Change Ext. 288 to 270.

I did this in my lab, and it took about 2 minutes..  Also did not effect/lose my VoiceMail messeges..

Thank you,

Darren

Correct, CCA believes you're trying to enter duplicate extensions until you make one of the two unique.