Views
Helpful
Replies

UC560 PPPoE setup problem

gdamjanovic
Level 1
Level 1

HI all,

I recently deployed UC560 on my customer site and I had problems with pppoe internet connection. I tried various scenarios but nothing worked.

First I tried setting it up behind D-link adsl modem in bridge mode (Witch worked on site with software router/firewall). then I tried with my thomson tg780 also in bridge mode. All configuration is setup only  by cca 3.2  as recomended in one situation i noticed that i got dns servers addresser from isp and nothin else. To temporeraly enable internet connection I set up thomson as router and UC wan connection as static IP.

Becouse I must deploy VPN and other features of UC i realy need to solve that problem.

I would apritiate all advices.

BR,

Goran

5 Replies 5

Roman Rodichev
Level 7
Level 7

telnet to your UC560 and post here the pppoe config

Hi Goran,

In addition to what Roman said please also check again the following link for PPPoE setup with CCA if you have not missed something. The doc is with an older version of the CCA but it is still the same:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9536

HTH,

Alex

Thanx all for replies

I wil  repeat procedure from document tomorow and if no luck I wil post the config

BR,

Goran

If something still doesn't work, follow Roman's advice and post config.

Hi,  Goran

Here is the confg that works for me.

Configuration  PPPoE  UC500

interface Dialer0
description $FW_OUTSIDE$
ip address negotiated
ip access-group 104 in
ip mtu 1452
ip nat outside
ip inspect SDM_LOW out
ip virtual-reassembly in
encapsulation ppp
dialer pool 1
dialer-group 1
ppp authentication pap callin
ppp pap sent-username [user-name] password [ password ]
ppp ipcp route default
!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: