cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC560 - SPA504G - Log out button (extension mobility)

jamessmart747
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been tasked with settign up a UC560 with a load of SPA504G's in extenstion mobility mode to allow users to hot desk. I have managed to figure out how to create a "phone profile" and then assign the phone to this profile but I have no idea how I go about adding a "log out" button to the phone. Is there any documentation I can read that will explain the process?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

mdube
Level 1
Level 1

Hello James,

As far as I know, it is not possible to configure a softkey to log in / log out of the extension mobility.

First thing, make sure you created user phones also. You will have the log on those phones with their personnalized profiles.

To have them log in (and log out) on those phones, they will have to press the Settings button (the open book icon on the phone).

Then, go to CME Services (option 4 I think on 504 phones).

And then, ExtensionMobility (option 3)

They will have to enter their username password, press the Submit button and they will be logged in.

You have to do the opposite when they want to log out. (option 4, then option 3, then Logout? )

Remember, a user can only be logged on one phone at a time, so you will have to create as many user profiles as you will have employees at the hot desk at the same time.

Also, I prefer to create usernames and password that are easy to enter, such as adgj , dgjm etc

You will see why when you get to the login menu.

Regards!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: