Views
Helpful
Replies

UC560 - UC540 Multisite Faxing not connecting

graeme
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a client with a multisite setup UC560 in main site, with SIP trunk incoming, UC540 remote site as site 2, no SIP Trunk.

All incoming and outgoing calls Via SIP on Site 1

We have setup floaiting externsions on both sites so the users dails 301 to reach site 2 extension 301 no matter which site they are in and vice versa.

The Analogue fax line into site 2 has been deomissioned and the fax number added to the incoming SIP in Site 1.

We have setup FXS0 on Site 2 as extension 350, and then routed the incoming fax number on Site 1 to the floating extension 350.

The routing works, we dial the site 2 fax number and the fax rings, the fax machine answers, and the negotiation squeals start.

But if we try and use a fax machine to send a fax the same thing happens and you can hear the negotaion squeal but the 2 faxes do not negotiate and the call ends.

Is there anything specfiif I need to do to allow this to work?

Thanks

Graeme

1 Reply 1

graeme
Level 1
Level 1

Ok I think I need to enable G711, but the multisite config reccomends the other one.

Is there a way through CCA to specify a different codec for one floating extension, or will I need to go cli?

Graeme

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: