cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

uc560 voicemail software

craig
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone tell me if having a technican come on site to upgrade the voicemail software is covered under the rapid response contrat                  

4 Replies 4

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Craig,

No, the Small Business Rapid Response contract does not have that option.  To my knowledge, there are no Small Business contracts that offer an on-site technician.  That is an Enterprise level service only.

Thank you,

Darren

Can you send me information on the Enterpriise level service. I would appreciate it.

Hello Craig,

I am not familair with the Enterprise services, but the only services offered for UC560's are Small Business services.

Here is a document on SMARTnet services, maybe this will help.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/services/ps2827/ps2978/services_qa0900aecd8042b4d6.pdf

Thank you,

Darren

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Craig,

Anything to do with the UC-500 series of systems is always covered on the Small Business Unit and does not get the same level as enterprise coverage.

I would highly recommend that you engage a reputable Cisco Partner and one who has deployed many UC-500's and understands all their quirks and known issues, and also has a proven track record of upgrade processes and recovery procedures if things go wrong.

How would you do that you ask??

Well like I tell all former clients who call me up to come and do work for them, and I am not really inclined to do it at the moment.. Interview them, make it like they are going for a job you advertised and grilled them and if they really want your business they will treat it with the proper respect and courtesy and answer you properly, also ask them for reference sites where you can speak with the client and get a gauge from them.

I say to do this as I have learnt over the years that the CUE side of the UC-500 is the most dangerous side for things to go wrong, and when it does, in most cases it is an epic failure and one to cause you  many gray hairs and potential loss of it (I am living, walking, breathing evidence of that happening LOL). You need to make sure you have someone onboard that is competent to manage the process end to end for you

Cheers,

David Trad.

**If you don't want to rate a post that is fine, I'll just find out where you live and hunt you down**

^^ That's a joke just in case you didn't get it :)

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: